Monday, June 1, 2009

Me and my Sugar Daddy

Hi again avid followers, newcomers, future exes and my future husband,

It didn't take me long after the date with semi-pro and the divorced guy to get back in my dating groove. I put up new pictures, updated my info, and started once again to weed out the emails. I started talking talking to an army veteran who recently moved back from being based up north. We began talking just after the new year. He had something my other manventures had lacked... no I am not talking about a crazy sex drive or millions of dollars. He knew how to really communicate like not via four words in text i.e. how you doin babe? It could have been because this guy was 34 and just on the cusp of turning 35...which also happens to be my age cut off for all you sugar daddy's out there.

Conversation with the 34 year old was different then with the teacher. Now the teacher was really dry and I guess I was a little afraid to be myself around him...since all his other 'dates' were dumb and had no direction in life. I have a goal in life but I know I won't acheive it tomorrow... I like to do one step at a time instead of running up them like Rocky pumping my fists in the air.

We choose coffee (of course) as our first meeting. May I add this is the same coffee spot I went with the teacher and the level 10 clinger... the workers must think I am on work meetings because they are never flirty or intimate. I arrived at the coffee shop/bookstore early...figured I could make a run for it if he was nothing that I thought he would be...buttt like a good military man he was there even before I got there. He was good looking... a baby face for a 34 year old in a plaid shirt and baseball cap (that I could only believe was covering his receeding hair line). We stood in line for coffee and bought our own...what a first 'meet'... good thing I stopped at the bank before hand and didn't spend all my money on books! I've been getting very used to the manventures paying for my drink or meal...hmmm interesting.

He picked the biggest table that could probably fit like 4 people with room to spare and we sat directly across from eachother... yeah, that didn't feel like the most awkward interview ever

what I found out...
  • He is a Mets fan (why meeee)
  • A patriots fan (again whyyyy)
  • His girlfriend of 7 years broke up with him in a letter while he was in Iraq
  • His car just broke down and needs a million repairs
  • He slept around a lot while in the service (not surprised)
  • He carries a bottle of water with him everywhere because he is scared of being dehydrated
  • He discussed going out with me with his brother-in-law (because of the age difference)
I liked him but wasn't feeling it... He made me feel young and like I didn't really live life yet... which is partially true. And I slowly got the feeling that as I was there looking to find the man of my dreams he was there to find the women of the night. Flattering...yes. What I was looking for? Not so much... at least not that day.
Hug. Goodbye.
Him: Can I see you again?Me: Yeah, why not
But, I had a strange feeling it wouldn't happen... would I be upset? For some reason yes...probably because I know that I am that awesome. Oh well... maybe I just like dating too much!
Next please!
Xoxo
**ME**

Viewers