Monday, June 1, 2009

Not so 'hot' for teacher

Hi again avid followers, newcomers, future exes and my future husband,

The one thing I learned in high school (besides the normal reading, writing and mathematics) was what rooms were home for the fresh out of college hot male teachers.

Teachers... the single ones... that use dating sites; are sophisticated, intelligent and overall can hold a conversation. Well, at least through email. In person they are awkward and whiney and judging...

Well... while I was still 'with' the surgical nurse I began talking to a teacher. Harmless and if anything we started to form a bond. Once the surgical nurse... well I moved on to bigger and better things the teacher and I finally were able to go on our first date. A rather simple choice out for dinner and then if it goes well for some drinks/coffee.

He was adorably awkward and still had a slight cold which made his technical talk of computers even dorkier... The restaurant was loud, busy and they sat us by the bar. Conversation was... well I wouldn't write home about it. We did end up going out for some coffee after, a quieter atmosphere. He had... tea while I of course had coffee.

A sign, I should note; that things may not work out...
Coffee is my lifeline… one cup in the morning before work, during work and almost always after dinner. Ever since my first job at 15 I have been downing the amazing drink as if I was to not have it well I might as well not be able to function. Some people have blood coursing through their veins… my veins... well they are coursing with coffee. The point is I need a man that can handle coffee.

His conversation and demeanor was rather dull… well maybe that is an understatement. I think a lot had to do with him not feeling well, but at least I had my coffee.
Who knows if there will be a second date with this guy… I am just going to roll with the punches. Besides I have another coffee date coming up before the end of the week.

Xoxo
**ME**

Viewers