Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bar room romance

Hi again avid followers, newcomers, future exes and my future husband,

It is usually the nights I go out not looking for someone that somehow...some way they stumble into my lap or I fall into theirs. Clever right? I never saw him before and sadly I don't even know how we started talking, who introduced us, or at that point even his name. But I could remember his smile and how engaging it was the first time I saw it.

Speaking of engaging here are a few things that draw my attention and melt my heart...
a great smile
a phillies hat
dimples
nice arms
eyes
glasses
tall guys
currently guys over the age of 27


Back to the guy... who I will fondly call him Mr. Dimples. It was a late night out the girls and I were showing face at our favorite karaoke spot. When somehow above the music and the smoke and the drinking I saw Mr. Dimples and without skipping a beat went to talk to him... in the ever so attractive take me home with your sort of way. I turned around for a brief moment only to see that he was gone... scared away by my drunken friends.

Side note to my friends: you wouldn't scare away the physical therapist butttt you would scare away DIMPLES! okay enough of that I love you friends!

In a basic fit of panic, drunkenness, and because I just wouldn't let him leave... I weaved through the packed bar room to find him leaving. I introduced myself again and so did he... then I kissed him and said I would see him soon.

See him soon? No numbers where exchanged... I barely remembered his name... barely remembered if he was good looking or a figment of my imagination, but somehow I would see him again. I didn't think to much about it... although the encounter made for some pretty interesting stories the next day.

And I wondered... would I ever see him? Only time will tell....

Xoxo
**ME**

Viewers