Monday, February 16, 2009

Level 10 Clinger

Hi again avid followers, newcomers, future exes and my future husband...

Now to really understand where I am coming from with all this dating site garbage I need to start from my number one...who and what started it all... My first 'manventure'.

My profile is simple it doesn't reveal too much but it definitely initiates lots of conversation aka emails. At first I set rules...
1) I don't give out my name or number
2) I don't go out with anyone until I am completely ready...
well that didn't last long! But I did add if a guy asks for naked pics he's a loser and if he emails you in some strange text language he is well.... example:

"Hey! How r u? I saw ya on da site n I thnk ur a qt! If I could get 2 know u that would b gr8t! Here is 1 of my pix. Let me now what u thnk"

Translation: LOSER!

All I want is an educated, attractive, emotionally stable and fun guy! Is that too much to ask for??!!

The first guy I ever met up with was a 28 year old sports announcer for ESPN radio and a golf coach. It was mid December when college basketball just started getting exciting and we both shared a common interest in college ball. We had been emailing for two weeks, then it went to im-ing and finally the exchange of numbers and the texts began. Now I am not complaining about the texts at all!! I happen to like texting but he loved it and to show his dedication in our newly formed VIRTUAL friendship he got unlimited texting...for me...which he reminded me frequently. Soon the texts a few times a day turned into all day even if I didn't respond and as soon as I got on my im he was the first to see what I was doing. His profile on the site changed to currently not looking...then it hit me....there is a reason everyone is on dating site, his reason...
LEVEL 10 CLINGER!
I thought maybe if I ignore him he'll go away...I'll lose my phone, change my number, be diagnosed with a incurable very contagious disease...no such luck. Okay so he's into me. This wasn't a game...he took dating sites seriously... very seriously. A week or two after the new year I came home from a job interview and there was a message just for me.

"Coffee, 1pm @ barnes and noble. See ya there- Clinger"

Perfect! I could stand him up and then it would be over! Yeah...I could but unfortunately I am way too nice. So I went...and there he was... thin and maybe 5'3" on a good day with a face only a mother could love (damn people using pictures that probably only look like them after I had 5 or 6 gin and tonics). I thought...I can run or maybe introduce myself to the cute guy by the magazines...no such luck. Mr. "I memorized every picture you have on your site" was already walking over to me. After a pretty much forced conversation, a tall cafe mocha and a free bag of dove chocolates we went our separate ways.

A few days later I received an ecard from him to randomly have a good day...that's nice but then he started calling before bed....just to say goodnight. Then he wanted my address...sorry I don't give that out. Oh! But what did he want it for?? You know the normal....flowers, gifts, to climb up the drain pipe and watch me sleep. Not creepy at all! A day or two after that he changed his facebook status to complicated...because of me.

I stop answering his calls, emails and ims and soon mr. Level 10 clinger faded... I still get angry messages once in awhile cause I am a heart breaker...but I'd rather be that than crazy!

Lesson learned... I decided to:
1) Be more selective
2) Get the date over with sooner
3) Try to somehow test their level of clinginess
4) Find manlier men

I must say if I would have known my dates would be so...interesting I would have started this Blog a long time ago! Thank god I kept a journal!

Stay tuned! I have lots to catch you up on

Xoxo
**ME**

Viewers